Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sushi Crispies

This week we celebrated Finn's 4th birthday
{where does the time go?}
And so we were in charge of the "birthday snack" at school.
I didn't want to do the traditional cupcake, and even if I did I am sure it's not allowed because of the high sugar content. {fine with me too!}

So I did some research and found a solution...
Sushi Crispies....
sure they're still loaded with sugar, and topped and stuffed with candy,
but they're small and oh so fun to eat....

I made two types:
I know Im Asian, but I don't know the exact names for them, {shame on me} 
they are the roll kind and the fish lays on top kind.

Aren't they cute?
I think they were a hit.

Here is the recipe if you are interested in making your own Sushi Crispies.

You will need:
- Rice Crispies Cereal
- 1 large bag of Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp of butter
- Fruit roll ups
 -Swedish fish (I just used the Target brand)
-Gummy worms
- Twislers

Rolled Kind
1. Follow instructions on the box to make rice crispies, but be sure to add about 8 extra marshmallows so  it is easier to roll.
2. Use a cookie pan and place wax paper over it.
3. Spread a semi thin layer of rice crispy mix on it.
4. Squish it flat.
5. Place in refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
6. When cooled, take the flattened rice crispy spread out. 
7. Lay it on the cutting board and cut into a rectangle. {eat the cut off parts, yum!)
8. Lay 1 twisler and 1 gummy worm on the rice crispy mix.
9. Start rolling over until you make a full circle, let it overlap just a small amount and cut.
10. Roll the outside with fruit roll up.
11. Cut into rolls.
12. Enjoy!

Fish lays on top kind
1. Take the remaining rice crispy mix and make into a round rectangular lumps. Grease your hands with butter or water so the mix does not stick to your hands.
2. Place each lump onto a piece of wax paper.
3. Let it cool for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
4. After cooled, cut fruit roll up into strips.
5. Place 1 swedish fish on top of the lump.
6. Use the fruit roll up strip to wrap around the fish/rice crispy lump.
7. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment