Friday, October 7, 2011

Maddie's Dedication

I met Maddie when she was just six weeks old.
How could you forget a face like this...
When Maddie's parent's asked me if I would photograph her dedication, I was more than thrilled.
So I accepted with honor and the day for Maddie began with one of the most beautiful venues I have ever been to.
From the bell on the chapel that once rang years ago
  to the fine details that showed the history and age of this building.
This place was breath taking.
 I can't image the things this building has seen, heard, and been through.
What ever the case was, this was a place for sanctuary.
And for Maddie it was a place for her dedication.
 Flower arrangements arrived
her dress was pressed and ready to wear
 holy water set in it place
and scripture and words of wisdom ready to be read.
Except the chapel had not been open...
And so Maddie and the rest of her family and friends waited patiently...
Giving her comfort in a time of uncertainty,
 feeding her in her time of hunger and
 keeping her cool in the unusually hot October day

But the chapel never opened, and so willingly and acceptingly did Jill and Mike improvise.
With out a complaint or tear, I over heard them say
"it doesn't matter where we have it, as long as her family and friends are here"

What great attitudes.

They were right. It didn't matter where it was, the ceremony was
B E A U T I F U L.
The offcient started the ceremony
while those dear and near gathered and listened.
taking photos
holding one another tight
sneaking glances of pure joy.
The holy water was blessed
and placed on Maddie's head.
Then a prayer for Maddie, her family and her Godparents.
Maddie had been dedicated to her Godparents and to the Lord.
After the ceremony Maddie rested so peacefully.
Family and friends took pictures to remember this special day
hugged in congratulations and gratitude
and gathered all for one very special little girl,
Maddie.
 Mike, Jill, and Miss Maddie,
I wish you nothing but happiness in the many, many years you have together.
 Your family is
 amazingly beautiful.
 It was an honor to be apart of this very special occasion
 and I thank you for choosing me
 to share a little piece of your world with me.
I feel truly honored.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment