Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Johns Sneak Peek

This weekend I had the delight of photographing Kelly and Brian's new baby girl, Ashley Bryn. 

But I'm not going to lie....

I was so nervous, to say the least.

Here's the story....
After meeting Kelly, we started our photography session and she showed me a picture of her son, done when he was a newborn. She wanted to replicate it for her daughter.

The second I saw it, my heart stopped, not only because the picture was perfect, but because I knew exactly who her other photographer was.

I've seen this photographer's work and to say her work is amazing is quite an understatement.

So the picture she had shown me, I had already seen.... several times.

I strive to be the photographer that Julie is... go ahead, check her work Lot 116 Photography
(just as long as you stay loyal to me ;))

Did you check it out? Isn't she wonderful?

Now can you see why I was nervous?

But to compare myself to her is unfair. I am me, she is she, and although I have a long way to go to be where I want to be, I am proud of the work that I produce.

So that being said,

K and B, I hope you love and enjoy these pictures. Your baby girl is just fabulous....

This was the picture I was asked to replicate
Check it out here
and this is how it turned out.



1 comment:

  1. Trying to replicate something is HARD! I find it never goes as planned...you did a great job but I personally LOVE the one of her on the table with the "John" in the background...same concept but with your touch!

    ReplyDelete