Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oprah says....

... your house should rise up to greet you. I hate to quote her, it's actually quite trite, but when I heard her say this, I could not agree more.

For the last 5 years our house was dedicated to an infant, then a toddler, back to an infant (plus toddler) now to a toddler and child. Bins of toys instead of nice shelving, exersaucers and jumperoos instead of coffee tables.... you get it. Now it's time to take back our house. (although we still have made it kid friendly)

Our first step on our long house remodel journey, our living room
 I've always loved the Hamptons/nautical/Nor Cal beach look. So we compiled all three looks, with of course ample pictures. Finally I have somewhere to put my pictures!
Wasn't sure about this color combo for the cushions, but I must say it is one of my favorite parts of the decor
I may not see them often, but my girls will always be my girls
Now this flower arrangement does not in anyway go with the decor. Actually Hydrangeas or Orchids would have looked better, but the flowers were on sale and I just love putting lemons in vases. Reminds me of our wedding centerpieces and they give off a wonderful lemon scent. Try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment